Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

"Bright Parrots" Corel Painter 11 - Corel PSP Pro X3 - Corel PhotoPaint - Plus

Bright Parrots

Today's digital painting is from a Watercolor Painting challenge at Painter Talk Forum's. The photograph was supplied with the instructions paint a digital watercolor and focus on the foreground with the Parrots and make the background recede. I chose to almost eliminate the background.

I first opened the photograph with Corel PSP Pro X3 and used the Saturation Vibrancy on it set about a third. I applied All Media Effects Pencil to the image. This gave me a colored pencil sketch to work with. I saved that file.

I next opened it with Corel PhotoPaint. This is where I used the Tone Curve to give the remaining color some depth. Then I used the erase tool to eliminate the busy foliage from the background, leaving the perch and sticks showing.

Saving that I opened with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and used the Detailed Watercolor auto paint feature on it. Saving that I opened with Corel Painter 11.

There I painted with Digital Watercolors Filbert brush, and added details and color to the image. I added back in some light greens for the background using a Sponge paint brush set at 60 then 24, with the Opacity set low. I saved that iteration.

Using the Image Visible Watermark I added my signature in PSP.

Listening --- The Beatles --- Blackbird

No comments:

Post a Comment