Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"Return to Grunge Guitars" Paint.NET - Corel PhotoPaint - Plus

Grunge Guitars

I browsed to my guitar photographs on my external hard drive and selected this one. I opened with Paint.NET and tried out a few features and settled on making a copy of the layer and using the Find Edges on it. Layering with Multiply I merged the two layers with the color showing through. I saved that file.

I opened with Corel PhotoPaint and applied the Adjust, Local Equalization tool, then increased the depth of color with Tone Curves. This gave me a High Contrast image.

I used Filter Forge's Frames Grunge and applied variants til I found one I liked, increased the texture and tiled. Saving that file I reopened with Corel PSP Pro X3.

I Fit to Screen, applied Adjust, Hue and Saturation, Vibrancy to boost the colors. I went to Image Borders and added a 25 pixel black border to the piece.

Saving that I opened in PhotoPaint and added my signature. Here I resampled for display as well.

Listening to the Television News

No comments:

Post a Comment