Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"Two Fish More Fish" Art Deco - Vintage Stamps - Corel PhotoPaint

Two Fish More Fish


I discovered this great Art Deco pattern in Edouard Benedictus' Art Deco Designs of Two Fish and Water. I scanned it in with my Canon MP495 as the basis for this piece. I opened Corel PhotoPaint and Acquired the scan and then applied the Effects, Tune Blur, Directional Smooth a few times.

I opened Picasa 3.9 and browsed my Dover Clip Art folder for some fish and nautical themes. I copied to the clipboard and pasted the fish and rowboat onto the background. I used the Property, Color Burn to make them transparent, placing them for a pleasant composition.

I also Acquired by scanning four Vintage Egyptian Postage Stamps to place in the four corners of this piece. These of course, come from my Cigar Box Collection of Vintage Postage Stamps. I copied and pasted these and used the Feathering tool on them, reducing the amount of white space around them each.

I added my signature in white and saved the large file, resampled for display and saved that iteration.

Listening --- Widespread Panic --- Fishing

No comments:

Post a Comment