Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"Vintage Stamp Collecting Publications" Digital Collage - Corel PhotoPaint

Vintage Stamp Collecting Publications


Along with my Cigar Box Collection of Vintage stamps I found some publications from the 1950's. I first created a colorful background from my Mayang's Textures folder, auto painting it in Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4, saving the large file iteration.

I then browsed to it in Picasa 3.9 and opened with Corel PhotoPaint. I then took three Stamp collecting publications and scanned them in. I copied to the clipboard and pasted onto the colorful background. I used the property Subtract on the Mystic Stamp Company piece. I used Multiply on the listing of stamps. And Color Burn for the Stamp Finder from H.E. Harris Co.

Mystic Stamp Company still exists online and has a very good website. I could not locate the Harris Company, though it may exist under a different name now.

I placed the pieces in such a way that one can read them and look at the vintage stamps I placed on an angle.

I kept the number of pieces on the background few so more detail could show through. I saved the large iteration with my signature then resampled for display.

Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka --- Can't Get Enough of You

No comments:

Post a Comment