Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

"C12 Seagull Guitar in Case." Corel Painter - Irfanview

C12 Seagull Guitar in Case


I browsed my CD "Guitars & Stuff," and found a photograph of my "C12 Seagull Guitar in Case." I opened in Corel Painter 11.

Here I first Brightened the colors a tad. I then applied the Woodcut tool without black. I took that image an made it into a Sketch. At that point I enlarged the image on my screen to fit my workspace. I began to paint with a basic Color Palette. The browns, a bit darker as Watercolors than anticipated.

I used Various Watercolor Brushes and painted the piece. Yes, the wall was a Canary Yellow, and the inside of the Guitar Case was (is) a nice Red color. The background details were very sketchy so I painted them with a large brush size and kept them ambiguous.

I saved the large iteration and opened with Corel PSP Pro X3. I added some Vibrancy with the Saturation tool. I included a Title, Copyright, and Artist in the Image Information tool. Then I opened and copied and pasted as a new layer my Signature. I resized the signature and applied the Multiply property to it, I Merged (flattened) all layers. Adding a border of black I saved that iteration.

I closed PSP and opened the file in Irfanview to resize for display. I am experimenting with Irfanview, a great tool for batch processing image files and it's Freeware.

I added some yellow lines in Irfanview to lighten up the 12-String Guitar Body. I saved the file again.

No comments:

Post a Comment