Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

"Bearded Homeless Man Smiling" PaintDotNET - Corel

Bearded Homeless Man Smiling


This Bearded Homeless Man Smiling was Digitally Painted in the program PaintDotNET, an Open Source Graphics Suite. It is the first time I have attempted to digitally paint with this program. I set the brush sizes as needed with the Properties of Multiply, 50% and 90% Opacity, with some variations.

I had at first tried the Tools, Artistic Ink and Oil and Pencil Sketch, but, did not like the results. So I opted to endeavor to paint it in PaintDotNET. I found it not as robust as Corel Painter 11 (or subsequent releases of Painter.)

I  saved the file at Full Size in JPG format. I opened in Corel PSP Pro X3 and applied the Smart Photo Fix, increasing the brightness and colors. Then for a greater punch I used the Saturation Vibrancy set at 25, boosting the colors even more. Saving that iteration, I opened in Corel PhotoPaint and resampled for display.

No comments:

Post a Comment