Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

"Violin in Case" Corel

Violin in Case


I selected this "Violin in Case," image from Stockvault's Freebies. The photograph is a very nice representation of a wonderful instrument.

I opened in Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 as a large file, and Digitally Painted with the Simple Watercolor, Wash Brush, Rough Paper. It was very light and not too colorful. I next went to the Watercolor Sketch tool, with another Wash Brush and a Paper texture. I painted over the first iteration.

Some of the details were missing, and a painterly feel in the background was as well. I took the Retouch Brush, soft, and painted by hand some textures. The body of the Violin still lacked definition. I selected the Retouch Brush, hard, and cleaned up those with addition details, all by hand.

I saved that iteration and opened it in Corel PSP Pro X3 and applied the Smart Photo Fix tool. This added some color and increased the brightness. I saved that as well. Re-opening with Corel PhotoPaint, I added the signature and resampled for display size. I used 75 for compression and 25 for smoothing. It was a 300dpi image, now made smaller.

I recently shared my new song with a lead Guitarist ("I Still Remain.") He was to see if he could add a lead backup to my basic Vocals and 12-String recording. He has an iRig and an iPad with Garageband, So he was going to see what he was able to do for the lead. Then they went on vacation! We'll have to wait and see what results he comes up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment