Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

"Impressionistic Digital Watercolor, Barn and Clouds" Corel

Impressionistic Digital Watercolor, Barn and Clouds


I started with a desire to do a bit of something different on this afternoon. I selected a Free Stockvault image of a Barn and Clouds. I opened in Picasa 3.9 and applied the HDR filter to it, raising the impact a bit. I saved that file iteration. I then imported into Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and used a Watercolor effect on it using the Impressionistic dry Brush, with Intense Color selected.

Saving that file as a TIFF file I opened in Corel PhotoPaint and used the Tone Curve to add depth to the colors. I also added my signature as a layer and merged them. I saved the large file and then Resampled to display size. I wanted the colors to Pop, so I applied the Filter Forges Vibrancy to the display size piece. Between the Tone Curve and the Vibrancy tools I got the punchy colors I wanted.

I have always enjoyed old Barns and Beautiful Skies in photographs. I enjoyed making an Impressionistic image today.

I am working on a new song titled, "I Still Remain," I don't have a lead for it just yet. I am an Improviser of leads and not a lead Guitar Player. Plus I am using different Tones for it playing on my Seagull 12-String Acoustic through software and the Line 6 POD XT Live for lead. Ever try to bend double the strings on playing a lead? It is very difficult I can assure you. So it remains to be seen what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment