Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Autumn Color Kensington Metro Park


Autumn color tours are common in the Midwest states, and we took a tour late Sunday at Kensington Metro Park. I took quite a few photographs and gathered some colorful leaves to scan in for artwork.

So here you will find an image made from one photograph of dried snowball flowers in the background and the scanned in leaves in the foreground. I used both PhotoPaint and Paint.NET in creating this piece.

I have an older scanner so I only did the scan at 300dpi 50% to keep the size workable. I used a white piece of paper behind the leaves and then using the Wand tool selected a lot of the white background leaving some of the 3d shadows intact. I took the photograph of the dried flowers and used it as a fill after I masked out the leaves.

Saving that file I opened it in Paint.NET to use the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> filter with the coloring set high and the ink set low. This gave me the textures I wanted. I saved that and reopened in PhotoPaint and found a frame in my Dover Clip Art collection that I added using a filter on it for more texture.

I am reviewing some of my older songs right now in Windows Media Player. Before I had a good microphone and the Toneport, I did OK using Audacity to record with a condenser mic. Funny how things can change with better equipment. The content is still good but now with the Toneport to preamp and a Shure microphone everything is much improved.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Love Is
null

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture. Great work.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Janet. I appreciate you visiting and commenting!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Kirk. I saw it from Twitter, then at PainterTalk. You really are an artist...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Barb. I am really happy you like my work, so very encouraging!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete