Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Luv Trucking - Corel PhotoPaint and CorelDRAW - Grunge Style


In keeping with a theme of trans-
portation and custom vehicles I am sharing a Tractor Trailer done in the Grunge style.

I used both Corel PhotoPaint and CorelDRAW to create this image. Before I opened it in either of these programs I opened it in Paint.NET to use the Artistic> Ink Sketch> filter to simplify the image coloring and gain the ink like look.

Saving this image I opened a grunge texture from Grunge Textures to use as the background. I overlaid the truck image on the texture using the object property Multiply to add transparency. I merged these and copy and pasted the image into CorelDRAW where I added the logo and design on the trailer.

I grouped all the objects together and copied the the resulting image to the clipboard. Then in PhotoPaint I opened the file from the clipboard. Here I added the text and a chord progression. I used Effects> Distort> Wet Paint for the dripping of the text and the additional paint splatters.

Another power outage and phone service outage to deal with here, locally, was very inconvenient. It is amazing how dependent we are on technology and how much we miss it when it is unavailable.

Have played the 12-string guitar also practicing chord progressions and reading Rikky Rooksby's book on how to write songs using the guitar. It's a good book and I recommend it to songwriters using the guitar as their instrument of choice.

Here is a listing of Rooksby's books available at Amazon (not an affiliate.) There seems to be a revised version of the book I have, plus some others that may prove helpful to guitar players and songwriters.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Something Amazing
null

No comments:

Post a Comment