Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Probiscus - Vector - Gradients - Symbols


I have been working a bit with vector graphics in CorelDRAW and making and using symbols and curlicues and small paisleys to create an image. I am sharing today such an image.

Probiscus is a large nosed fellow who is surrounded by symbols and little vector graphics most of which I created in CorelDRAW. This image shows my playful side with lots of color and some humor.

I used the freehand drawing tool and pen for some of the graphic pieces. I also used 'fit text to a path' for adding symbols to my hand drawn ones. Note he has two people in his ear, I believe I got them from the FFDingbats font.

The fellow with a large nose was a piece I did a long time ago and he became the main feature of this image. I imported the original file into CorelDRAW to add to the symbols. I had used many colorful gradients to create him, and computer assisted coloring, using colors you don't see much outside of a computer created image.

I framed the whole image in black to highlight the colors in this image. I exported to jpg from CorelDRAW for the web based piece. Again I have been influenced by images seen in recent computer art magazines from my visit to the book stores.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Jeremy Fryc - Here's to you!... Here's to your fall.
null

4 comments:

  1. Just fabulous Kirk like a gretian god lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bev, never thought of him that way! Cool!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite! So inspiring and full of creativity!
    BRAVO!
    Ciao, Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Giovanna! I am happy to hear that, you are so encouraging.

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete