Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"Thunderstorm and Internet Outage - Seagull C12 Digital Collage" Paint.NET - Corel

Digital Collage Seagull C12


Had another Thunderstorm and the power went out. I was offline and had powered down my system before that so I spared my equipment some electrical harassment. But after the storm passed - now - no Internet from my ISP! The travails of the current age.

So I drank a cup of coffee, half decaf and half regular and settled in at my workstation. I plugged in my External drive and browsed the folders in Thumbnail view looking for guitar photographs.

Finding some I made my selection, my Seagull C12 sideways (horizontally.) I opened the file with Paint.NET and applied the Ink Sketch with no color and a setting of 28 for the ink pen. I Then saved this large version to my local workstation.

I opened the file with Corel PhotoPaint and began creating some Masks that allowed some pasting of a skyline and a blue gradient into the piece. I also used a woodgrain fill for the guitar body mask. I played around with pieces of the guitar making an unusual looking instrument.

Selecting another photograph of my guitar I cut it out with the lasso tool and copied and pasted it into the collage. I applied curved feathering to the object selection and duplicated it in differing sizes for balancing out the composition.

I saved that iteration to my workstation and opened with Corel PSP Pro X3. Here I increased the Saturation using Vibrancy upping the color threshold. I applied my signature with the Visible Watermark tool. Then I selected the Picture Frame Cyanotype and framed the image.

I saved that iteration and resized for display in PSP Pro.

As I post this my Stereo Amp died a popping death! Now using old OEM Speakers, Can't use my Toneport for recording or playing back, it is unplugged. Bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment