Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

"12-String Seagull C12 Guitar on Chair" Paint.NET - Corel Painter

12-String Seagull C12 Guitar on Chair


I selected a photograph from my Guitars and Stuff CD of my 12-String Seagull C12 Guitar. I opened it in Paint.NET and applied the Artistic Pen and Ink Sketch tool to it, without color, for a Black and White Ink Sketch. I saved the large image.

I reopened with Corel Painter 11 and painted it with the Digital Watercolors Brushes, varying the brush and sizes. If you look closely you can see, in the left hand corner the tail of our Cat Linus, who was sneaking out of the photograph as I originally took it. A fun balance of color with the browns of the Guitar and the Plant Basket.

I used three Brushes for the Guitar body, the last being Salt, giving a blended appearance to that. I saved that iteration and opened in Corel PSP Pro X3.

Here I added a layer of my signature and placed that. I also placed a Black border around the image. Using the Image Information tool, I gave it a Title, Copyright, Artist information, along with the programs used to create this piece. I saved the large iteration and then resized it for display here.


No comments:

Post a Comment