Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

"Messy Hair and Beard - Homeless Man" Corel Painter

Messy Hair and Beard - Homeless Man


Another Digital Watercolor in Corel Painter 11, with accents in Corel PSP Pro X3. I have this Homeless Man Portrait from the Morguefile, his hair and beard are amazingly messy. I had to paint it.

I first opened it in Paint.NET to use the Artistic Ink tool for a Pen and Ink feel to the basic piece. I saved the large black and white image, opening it in Corel Painter 11. I used the Digital Watercolor Brushes, a Coit Ink Brush, and a touch of Gouache. I believe that this Man was one I already painted with his Hand under his chin and cheek. (See earlier portraits of Homeless Men.)

I am working on another song. I have lyrics, no chords or melody yet. I am going to try to make it a Classical Rock song, if I can swing the lyrics that way. I have been listening to Joe Bonamassa a lot lately. His brand of Blues Rock is really good and inspiring. I could never, as this point, reach his level of expertise. He started playing the Blues very young, by four years old it was obvious that he would excel at his craft.

One of my favorite songs by him is, "Slow Train," done in Acoustic style. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKE3itL4ApY

Have a listen if you like Acoustic Blues Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment