Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

"Series 66 #2" Digital Collage - Corel PhotoPaint

Series 66 #2

For "Series 66 #2," I used Corel PhotoPaint, Painter 11 and CorelDRAW to create the image. Staying with the face motif I scanned in using my Canon MP495 and then cut, pasted, erased and resized to fit all the pieces to make this image.

I began by scanning in a large background piece from one source then turned to other sources for the additional pieces. I did use the Tune Blur and Tone Curve on many of the cutouts for smoothing and color depth.

I applied Little Ink Pot's Thredgeholder to the guitar player for a etched line look and feel. I also used the fonts Tossaway, Accords, and Arial Narrow in the piece. Accords is a guitar chord symbol library font which has a number of often used chord symbols.

I did create the "66" number in CorelDRAW with the Tossaway font. I copied and pasted and resized it in PhotoPaint. I added my signature to the large file and resampled for display and sharing here.

Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka --- Collision Warning

No comments:

Post a Comment