Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"Steampunk David" Digital Collage - Corel PhotoPaint Plus

Steampunk David

"Steampunk David" is the title of this Digital Collage. I opened the photograph of David from Picasa 3 with Paint.NET and played around with the threshold and color. I ended up with a black and white representation of him.

I browsed in my Dover Publications Sampler folder using Picasa 3 and found an example of  a Steampunk image that I opened in PhotoPaint. I increased the resolution to 128 dpi and enlarged the image.

Back in Paint.NET I selected all and copied the modified David image and then pasted it into the Steampunk image.

I found other Steampunk images and did some copy, paste, erase on them and added each one to the David image. I used the property of Multiply on two of the scraps and also Replace Color on the man with the crane and clock.

I merged all the pieces together in PhotoPaint, then used Filter Forge's Photo Effects Vibrance to give some punch to the colors. I added my signature and saved the large file.

I opened that with Corel's PSP Pro X3 and applied the Image Picture frame, using one of my favorites, the ornate frame. I then resized there for display and saved that file.

Listening --- David Bowie --- Changes

No comments:

Post a Comment