Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

"The Calculus Lesson" Digital Collage - Corel PhotoPaint - Picasa 3

The Calculus Lesson

Today I continue with Digital Collaging for this image, "The Calculus Lesson."

Opening PhotoPaint, I scanned in a print of a painting for the colorful background. I then used KPT Collection's Equalizer feature on it for a Gaussian like blur. I then applied PhotoPaint's Effects, Distort, Wet Paint to the background for the dripping paint illusion.

Browsing with Picasa 3 in my Dover Publications Sampler folder I found the Owls with what looked like a master and his students. I applied the property Subtract to add transparency, keeping some of the color.

I added a few flying creatures, the bird, dragonfly, butterfly, and fly for an outdoorsy appearance. Using the property Multiply for transparency on each and resizing them for this collage.

I then added the final touch, the Calculus equation page, using Multiply, for the Lesson theme.  This also came from Dover Publications.

I saved the large file after adding my signature, and resampled for display.

Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka --- The Empire of Fame

No comments:

Post a Comment