Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

"Vintage Dodge Truck Digital Watercolor" Corel - Paint.NET

Vintage Dodge Truck


Since I had such an enjoyable time recently painting the Vintage Ford Truck I decided to digitally paint another Vintage Dodge Truck. I first located my folder of truck photographs taken with my Canon Rebel XTi and selected this closeup. I opened it in Paint.NET.

In Paint.NET I applied the Effect, Artistic, Ink Sketch for a Pen and Ink image. I saved that iteration and opened in Corel Painter 11.  Here I chose a basic palette and Watercolor Brushes for the digital painting.

After I saved the finished painting I opened in Corel PSP Pro X3. At this point I applied the Saturation Vibrancy for a boost to the colors. The original photograph was of a dirty, rusty brown color. With the  greater part of the background being foliage I used various greens for that area. I needed some punch to those duller colors. I did not clone paint this I did it Freehand.

I added a brown border and my white signature and with the Image Information added a Title, Copyright, and Camera, plus programs used to the Information.

I saved the large iteration and resized for display. Be sure to click on the image for the larger view!


No comments:

Post a Comment