Pages

Monday, December 21, 2015

"How I Did This: Cabin in the Forest" Painter Essentials 5 - PaintDotNET -Irfranview

Cabin in the Forest


The "Cabin in the Forest," began as a photograph from Unsplash Free Photographs. I opened the file in Painter Essentials 5 and used Effects Tonal Control - Equalize for brightening the colors.

I selected the Watercolor Sketch set, and used an F-X Brush called Glow to Digitally paint the image. I then added back in some details using the Photo Painting Brush Soft Cloner by hand. Using Effects, Apply Surface Texture I chose 3D Luminance to add Texture to the piece. I added back in some details with the Soft Cloner Brush lightly.

I saved the large 3000 X 2000 pixel image at 72dpi, with a new name. Next I opened in Paint.NET.

Here I applied some Adjustments, first in Curves I lightened the image depth of color, then using Saturation I increased colors by 115% from 100%. I added my Signature Layer using the Property Lighten and merged the layer down. I saved that iteration with the same name.

I needed to resize for display here on the blog. I opened the file in Irfranview. Here I resized the piece and resampled the compression for a smaller JPG file. Please click on the file for a larger view and notice the details and texture.

My CDBaby Kiosks are still lower down on the page for you to sample Full Previews of my music. I encourage you to listen to my Independent Music which I call Alternative Folk Rock. All ten songs are for sale at only $0.99 apiece, with the exception of, "Hello, Hello!," which is a shorter song, reminiscent of the Beatles 70's era. Click on the arrow on the second Kiosk to select a new song to hear and the image and titles will change. Remember Full Previews of all songs are available for your listening to all ten songs. Have a click or two!




No comments:

Post a Comment