Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

1954 Kaiser-Darrin Convertible


Another car with a flare is the 1954 Kaiser-Darrin. Here is a represen-
tation created from a photograph by Kent M. Gatzka at the Frankenmuth, Michigan Auto Festival 2009.

A two seater, white convertible with a red soft top, this is one interesting vehicle. For more history about the Kaiser-Darrin click here on Conceptcars.com.

I created this image using Paint.NET and PhotoPaint and various filters and maskings. The unique car is show at a pleasing angle that gives the viewer an idea of it's interior and sleek body style.

In the musical area I have completed writing, "The Last Good Cowboy," song I have been working on and now I look forward to recording it. I haven't decided if I will use any lead for the song yet, but that usually comes with experimentation while recording. As I play back the basic song, singing melody, lyrics, and playing the 12-string I try to discover an interesting lead for the song. If I don't discover one I leave it simple with perhaps back up vocals tracks added.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Tim McGraw - The Cowboy in Me
null

2 comments:

  1. Kirk, I love this. The one my father bought was red and was not a convertible. I wish I had this one. They were good solid cars and gave no problem at all. It was totaled by a guy with no driver's license topping a hill on the wrong side of the road speeding...almost killed my parents. I think that car would have been still running had that not happened. Thanks for bringing back some memories of that great car!! Merry Christmas.
    Ann Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ann! Leave it to someone doing something illegal to cause trouble. I am glad that your parents survived!

    Thanks too for the well wishes but I have made a personal decision not to celebrate Christmas. I hope you understand.

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete