Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Hot Orange Hot Rod Sedan


This photograph caught my eye while viewing images in Picasa 3 on my hard drive. I love the hot orange paint job and the vintage look and feel of the older hot rods.

I applied similar techniques as I used on the last couple of image entries on this blog. Increasing Tone depth and color and adding a Lens Flare for an accent to the Ink Sketched image.

I was up late last night and got out my 12-string and began working on a song entitled, "The Last Good Cowboy," using a basic chord progression of:

C2 G
Am7 D
F G
F C G
F G

Of course it is still in the writing phase. I need a few more lyrics to flesh it out. It feels good to be writing again. Another song I was working on is about feeling "Raw," emotionally during times of duress. Hoping for an empathic ear while dealing with such feelings.

Two different types of songs, and emotional depth. Great time working on them.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - I'm RAW
null

2 comments:

  1. My dad would probably love your song. He used to sing cowboy ballads to us (my sisters and me) when we were young. On Sunday afternoon rides to get ice cream, he'd sing, or just recite them. The title of this one -- The Last Good Cowboy -- sounds like one that would catch his interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Barb! The song needs some more lyrics as it stands right now, but I am hoping that they will come with time and thought.

    Sunday afternoon ice cream sounds familiar, our Dad would take us for some, too. No singing though!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete