Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dream Cruise Revisited - Simplified Grunge


I received a CD of photo-
graphs taken by my brother, Kent M. Gatzka from the 2009 Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit Metro. I decided to do a few new car images but to keep them simple.

Here I selected a texture file from Mayang Free Textures online. They have a wonderful collection of many types of textures. I used here is a painted rust texture as the background. I copied and pasted the car photograph into PhotoPaint over the background. Then I applied the Little Ink Pot's Thredgeholder filter to the car layer for the sketchy lines. I merged the layers together.

I selected the image with a mask surrounding it and applied the Effects> 3D effects> Bevel Edges> to create the frame for the image.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Like I've Never Been Refused
null

4 comments: