Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Blast from The Past - Twin Pines Milk Truck


Those of you who grew up in Southeast Michigan may remember this gem from your youth. This "Twin Pines Farms" milk truck reminds me of the days of milk delivery to our home as I grew up. That's when milk came in glass bottles and had cream at the top of the bottle when you opened it.

This photograph was taken by my brother Kent M. Gatzka at the Frankenmuth, Michigan Auto Festival 2009. I opened the photograph in PhotoPaint and heavily cropped it to show the details of this memory. I saved the file and reopened it in Paint.NET to apply the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch filter, boosting the color and keeping the ink outlines clear.

Saving that I opened it in PhotoPaint again and using KPT's Collection's Lens Flare I added a yellow-orange lens flare to the image. I used the Adjust> Tone Curve> to bring depth of color to the image which was slightly over exposed due to the bright sunlit day. This placed the emphasis on the focal points of the lens flare across the image and the bright yellow and green's of the truck.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Love Struck Baby
null

2 comments:

  1. I remember those milk bottles -- we had home delivery in southern Ohio too. (I hated the cream on top, though -- it had to be stirred up very thoroughly for me!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, you are so right about the cream! I believe my mother either stirred it up or took it off and stored it for use later. Home Delivery was essential back then if you wanted fresh milk, unless you lived on the farm!

    Thanks for commenting!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete