Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Red 1962 Chevrolet Impala SS


This car of all cars is my favorite Custom Car. Why? Because the very first car I owned was a 1962 Chevrolet Impala, though it was not an SS model like the two pictures here.

Yes, I owned a '62 Impala, with a 283 engine, two barrel carburetor. It was Burgundy Red quite like this car captured at the 2009 Frankenmuth, Michigan Auto Festival.

These photographs were taken by my brother Kent M. Gatzka. I opened them in Picasa 3 and selected the nicest of the photos. I opened them
in PhotoPaint and heavily cropped each image to focus closely on the details of this beauty.

Using Paint.NET I applied the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch to both, boosting the color and minimizing the black ink outlines. I saved those files and gave them more treatment in PhotoPaint. I used the Tone Curve to add depth to the color.

Then using KPT's Collection Lens Flare filter I added the flares to each image according to my preference of placement. This made them shine like the special car they depict.

This 1962 Impala was channeled to lower it closer to the ground and has a wonderful red paint job which gives it that "take me home," look. More than ever before I wish I had kept my first car so as to still own a beauty like this one.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - The Waiting
null

2 comments:

  1. Great job! So enjoy learning how you did this.
    thanks,
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, Thank you, it is my pleasure to share the basic steps and programs I use to create my Digital Visual Art!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete