Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

500th Post for gatzkART! - Grandson - Color Burn - Texture


This is our 500th post since starting this blog in 2008. We began late in 2008 but became more prolific as we went along. As an image today I again chose my Grandson for the piece.

I took this photograph recently as he is now eating solid food and is a good eater. I think he is a cutey but I am biased.

I used one of Mayang's Texture for the rust colored background and cropped the photograph to focus on Zeke with the spoon in his mouth. I opened the photograph in Paint.NET and used the Pencil Sketch on it. Then I used the Curves function to darken it and give it more depth.

I had the texture opened in PhotoPaint so I copied the photograph to the clipboard and pasted it as an object in PhotoPaint. I resized it to fit within the design work I was doing with Dover Publications Clip Art. On each piece of clip art and the pencil sketch of my Grandson I used the object property Color Burn for that burned look that goes well with the rust. I used Shift-Ctrl-Down Arrow to merge all the objects with the background.

I added a 90 pixel black border to the piece and then used Filter Forge's Frames to add a photo-frame.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Bo Diddley Fun
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment