Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Teething Time - Art Nouveau - Paint.NET - PhotoPaint


Pain and chewing takes place as young ones begin to teethe their new teeth. Our Grandson now has been working on his new teeth and has some poking through and at times he is miserable with them.

You soon find out that for today's youngsters they have gels and strips for the gums to sooth the process. This is an improvement over all the years we grew up without this pain help.

Today I've done a simple image of Zeke chewing on his hand. I used Paint.NET for the pencil sketch with Curves to darken and add depth to that part of the image.

In PhotoPaint I opened a Dover Publications clip art background with an Art Nouveau style wallpaper sample. I copied the pencil sketch to the clipboard and pasted it into PhotoPaint. I used the Tone Curve again as it was not as dark as I needed, then upped the saturation by 15 to boost the colors.

Adding a watercolor frame in Filter Forge's Freepack 3 I altered the color to a brown. Then I added a film frame to finish. I used my real signature file again today as I am trying it out instead of a digital font.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Upper Heights
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment