Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Painter Wow! Book Brushes - Watercolor - Chalk - Liquid Ink - Ezekiel in Hat


I really like this photo-
graph of my Grandson Zeke with his hat on crooked. So I decided to paint it digitally. I used the following:

Painter 8
Wow! Book brushes, acrylics, building brushes
Chalk
Liquid Ink
Watercolor (not necessarily in order of appearance.)

I was going for a new look and feel to doing portraits and I love the wide variety of brushes in Painter. I wanted a loose feel but striking colors and style. Chalk and Liquid Ink brushes lent to that effort.

I used PhotoPaint only to crop the photograph, and add borders to frame the piece. All the painting from the reference photograph was done in Painter.

In Painter I did a muck up with Watercolor brushes. Switched to the Wow! Book brushes and painted in details. Added color with the Chalk brushes and the Liquid Ink brushes.

I thoroughly enjoyed doing this piece.

----------------
Now playing: Bto - You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:

  1. I would love it too...beautiful worked Kirk..
    perfect crop!!

    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Really creative interesting work! I am, a musician also who blogs about creativity. Please visit me at freetospeakblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy, thanks for the visit and comments! I will visit your blog as well.

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete