Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Playful Digital Collage - PhotoPaint - Paint.NET


A piece of Mayangs' Bubbled Paint / Rust Texture, Dover Publica-
tions Clip Art, a portrait in pen and ink, make up today's image. I enjoy digital collage very much and it is a satisfying creative act.

I choose Flora's Feast clip art by Walter Crane of a woman playing two flutes and dancing, Another piece was a chart of a man's body with proportions. A border design on the right hand side, which I narrowed and lengthened it before placing it. To this I added an pen and ink portrait to give a central focal point.

To create the portrait I used Paint.NET and the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch filter with the color set to it's lowest and also lowering the ink thickness. I cut the face out and pasted it as a new image to add it.

I did all the rest of this in PhotoPaint, and used Alien Skin's Exposure 3 vignette only Round Soft filter on the whole image. In Exposure I adjusted the saturation and tone curve for color and depth. Adding a finish of Filter Forge's Freepack 3 light film frame to the image.

----------------
Now playing: NPR - CMJ: Looking Back to a Whirlwind of Music
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. I like all 3 of these( both collages and the photopaint art). They have a nice warmth to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Betsy! Glad you like them!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete