Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

"The Dancer and Her Mother" Corel PhotoPaint Corel PSP Pro X3

The Dancer and Her Mother



I had gotten this colorful coffee stained crumpled paper texture (off the web) for a background and this is where I began today. I opened with Corel PhotoPaint and upped the saturation for a boost to the colors. I browsed in Picasa 3 to my Dover Publications sampler folder. I found these sketches of an old woman and a Dancer and cut them out to place them on the background texture. I used the property Multiply for transparency and applied the Tone Curve to darken the sketches.

I altered their sizes to fit and placed them. Also from Dover I used sketches of hands in the same manner, placing them on the collage. I found an Art Nouveau banner and placed that as the bottom of the piece. I also used some sheet music to match the Dancer theme.

I saved my large file with my signature and opened it in Corel PSP Pro X3 where I added the ornate frame. I feel that the ornate frame adds credence to the digital collage process and results. I resized for display here and saved that file.

Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka --- Dance Away

No comments:

Post a Comment