Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

"Hummingbirds Watercolor" Digital Painting - Corel Painter 11 - Corel PSP Pro X3

Hummingbirds


I felt like doing some digital painting today, so I looked for another bird motif clip art image in my Dover Publications folder. Browsing in Picasa 3.9 I found some Hummingbirds with a nest and flowers. I used hue saturated colors to paint in Corel Painter 11. 

I used the Digital Watercolor brushes at differing sizes keeping the opacity high. I elected to leave the outlines of the original clip art for detail. After I painted the hummingbirds and flowers and leaves and nest I created another layer and used the property Multiply. I created the background and used the Salt brush on it for texture.

I had up-sized the image in Corel PSP Pro X3 to 4000+ pixels and 300dpi. So it was a large file that I used for this painting. I added my signature using the Visible Watermark and added a mat and frame in PSP. The file was so big that I ran out of RAM to resize it to a display size so I saved it and opened with Corel PhotoPaint and resampled it there instead. I also closed down Picasa 3.9 to free up RAM.

As you can see that worked in resampling this image.

Listening --- The Beatles --- Free As A Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment