Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Self Portrait Recording" Logitech C260 - Corel PhotoPaint - Corel PSP Pro X3

Recording


I've spent the last couple of days working on recording video and audio. I have a Logitech C260 Webcam that takes fairly good video, though it is not HD (high definition.) I also wanted to record music so I selected for the microphone my Line 6 Toneport UX1 with Gearbox software. I used a "Detroit RnB Vocal," setting for the audio. The microphone is a Shure PG58.

I experimented with a number of programs like Windows Movie Maker, Logitech's own simple interfaced recorder and Pinnacle Studio 12, and got various results.

Both Movie Maker and Pinnacle resulted in syncing problems with the video and audio being out of sync with each other. I have an older PC with Win XP SP3 and the best combination was Logitech's software with the Toneport set as microphone. Probably worked best with my limited 2.5gig RAM.

The "Self-Portrait," you see is a still from my recording sessions. As I was playing back my video I took the still in Logitech's program. I opened with Corel PhotoPaint and used the Local Equalization and a slight bit of Tone Curve for a High Contrast look. Using Filter Forge's Photo Effect Vibrance enhanced the colors, and Frames for a film frame. I saved the 640x480 image and opened with Corel PSP Pro X3.

There I Softened the image, and resized it to 180dpi 1220 wide. Saving that for display here.

For the video I improvised a Blues tune on my 12-String Seagull Guitar and sang some nonsense lyrics that came out: "My Baby Don't Love Me." I placed it on my YouTube Channel also entitled "gatzkART!"

I have a look on my face of concentration, working out the kinks of recording a live video for the first time. So I won't win any contest for most jovial performer with this one!


Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka --- Collision Warning

No comments:

Post a Comment