Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

"Waiting to be Played Today" Corel PSP Pro X3

Waiting to be Played Today



I really should practice on my Seagull C12 12-String today, it is my favorite guitar, of our two. Here is another photograph taken with sunlight coming from the right hand side of the image with darker shadows to the left. I laid them out on the brown couch, the C12 on it's side and the Lyon 6 on it's back.

I opened Corel PSP Pro X3 and selected this photograph to adjust. I am enjoying the workflow I have done recently on the other Guitar photographs. Noise Removal, Smart Photo Fix, Saturation Vibrancy, Color Balance Tungsten and High Pass Sharpen. This really warms up the image and shows off the deep wood tones of both of them.

If you look close you can see my etching on the 12-String's pick guard. I selected a Hummingbird instead of a Seagull. It being a smaller bird and the addition of some floral touches. Just above the pick guard you can see my playing scars on the soundhole, this guitar has seen many years of stylized rhythm playing and now some scale playing. It's hard to bend two strings at a time when playing lead. But it is rewarding to play a little Blues in pentatonic scale with a backtrack.

The Lyon 6 is my least favorite guitar. If it were a higher priced Washburn I would be happier with it's tone, but unfortunately it sounds more muddy than I like. Lesson learned when it comes to guitars spend a little bit more to get a better guitar! It is my son's guitar and he has a hard time pressing on the fingerboard as it is a narrow one and his hands are on the large side. So he is trying to learn to play his Yamaha Portable Grand Piano. He likes it much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment