Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lazy Lester - Bluesman

Lazy Lester's portrait is based on another Blue Front Blues Room photograph by John Anderson.

For this image I used Painter 8, Oil brushes and Digital Watercolor brushes. I added the brush texture using the Effects> Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminace settings. I really like the brush stroke texture this created.

Using Painter 8 takes longer than some of the other images I have posted recently. But it is very rewarding and requires more thought and creativity and some skill to make a painterly image.

Lester looks great as he plays the blues. I thought he merited a good image. So I digitally painted this one.

As always I used PhotoPaint to do some adjusting to the image, resizing for the blog, adding my name, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm from Brazil. My name is Jonas, 12 years and I love your blog! (Though not understand anything.) My email is joheraga@hotmail.com has MSN? Thank you!
    Visit my blog folhadojonas.blogspot.com.

    Put this message in a Google online translator and put into English!

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete