Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

"Grunge Gretsch Ebony Guitar" Paint.NET - Plus

Grunge Gretsch Ebony


I found two images that I thought would compliment each other in a Grunge composition. One, for the background, is a water-colored stained paper. The other was a clean Gretsch Ebony Guitar.

I opened from Picasa 3.9 the background with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and auto painted with the Watercolor Sketch feature. I reopened that file with Corel PhotoPaint and using Papersize added a brown border.

Selecting the Gretsch I opened in Paint.NET and used the Ink Sketch tool without any color, just a black pen and ink look. I copied and pasted that onto the background in PhotoPaint. There I placed it and then duplicated it in differing sizes and rotated them to create a line of guitars.

I used Filter Forge's Photo Effects Grunge feature to add the grunge linen look and feel with a small frame. I took the Text tool and added the words "Gretsch Ebony" in Basketcase font. I duplicated that and layered for some depth. I then used Distort, Wet Paint to add the paint drippings to the words. I saved that iteration adding my signature in white still in PhotoPaint.

Listening to Peace and Quiet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment