Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

"Picasa Collage Van Gogh Style" Corel Painter - Plus

Picasa Collage Van Gogh Style


In Picasa 3.9 I selected two photographs. One was portrait the other was landscape, of the Lyon and Seagull Guitars. I used Picasa's Create Collage Superimpose at 16:9 setting. This gave me a large, almost panoramic image. I saved that iteration.

I opened it with Corel PSP Pro X3 and used the Digital Camera Noise Removal on it then the Smart Photo Fix. I used the Saturation tool for Vibrancy then applied Curves for color depth. I saved that iteration.

I then opened with Corel Painter 11 and did a Quick Clone, used the Auto Van Gogh feature with the brush setting at 32.9. This Auto Painted the image with a Van Gogh look and feel. I saved this large iteration with a differing name.

If you look closely you can see the Music Stand, as well as the overstuffed chair and a corner of a painting on the wall. The lightness of the musical paper on the stand slightly offsets the blanket on the chair's back.

I used Filter Forge's Photo Effects plugin Lomo feature for color changes with in the piece and a frame. Though I had to alter the size of the canvas to do so as I am using the free Filter Forge plugins and they work only on images less than 3,000 pixels. My beginning image was over 5,000 pixels wide. So I resampled in Corel PhotoPaint to a display size prior to using the plugin. I added my signature and saved the display sized image.

961 posts and climbing to 1,000 slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment