Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Grunge Trio of Electric Guitars" Corel PhotoPaint - Plus

Trio of Electric Guitars


I opened Picasa 3.9 and browsed to my Mayang's Textures. I selected a crosshatched cloth background and opened with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4. I auto painted it with my favorite Watercolor Sketch. This gives me both the watercolor and the sketchy lines that worked so well with this texture.

Browsing in Picasa again I found an Electric Guitar and copied it and pasted it into Corel PhotoPaint where I already had the background open. I made a trio of the guitars placing them onto the background. I selected them all and used the Property Color Burn for transparency. I merged them together to the background.

Using the plugin Filter Forge's Frames I added a Grunge frame variant to the image. I chose a couple of my guitar picks, one from Guitar Center and the other from Elderly Instruments and scanned them in at 600dpi. ( I usually use Jim Dunlop picks for playing, but I have a small collection of guitar picks.) I used the auto Unsharp Mask on for these scan. I pasted them onto the background using differing properties for transparency.

I adjusted the image with Auto Equalize to lighten the color a slight amount. Adding my signature in white I saved the large iteration. I resampled for display.

Don't forget you can always click on my images for a larger view. It shows the details much better.

960 and counting to 1,000 Posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment