Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

"HDR, High Contrast 12-String Guitar" Picasa - Corel

HDR High Contrast Seagull C12 Guitar


I shot this photograph of my Seagull C12-String Guitar with our Canon Rebel XTi. I am trying to leave the EXIF data available for this photograph. I enhanced it in Picasa 3.9 with some of the tools there available.

I used the Saturation tool turned up as high as I could take it. Then applied the HDR tool for more contrast. I used the Glow tool for adding more light to the HDR. Then I applied the Vignette tool for framing.

I opened in Corel PSP Pro X3 and added my title, Artist's name and copyright to the EXIF info with the Image Information feature. Using the Visible Watermark I placed my signature in the upper right corner for clarity of marking. To finish the image I added some Texture to it using PSP's Effects Texture tool.

If you examine the image closely you can see pick scratches on the front of it below the soundhole. Also some wear on the soundhole surrounds themselves. Some say, as this comes from playing the guitar, that it adds Character to it. I like that idea, not a pristine underplayed guitar but one that has seen its licks and strums.

You can also clearly see my Etching of the Bird and Florals on the Pickguard that I added to it freehand. More Character? Perhaps. But it definitely is MY guitar and has my marks on it! It's my best musical Friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment