Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Corel Painter Digital Painting - "I've Got Tooffies!"


"I've Got Tooffies!" is the title of today's painting. My Grandson has got a grin you just have to smile about. He is bright eyed and has an attention to detail that is just marvelous.

I took the photograph of him this week, in a series of shots I was able to capture this toothful grin. I opened the file in Painter 8 and used the Wow! Book Oil Brushes for the muck up and some of the cloner brushes to add back in detail in his eyes and grin. For the background I used an oil brush then I used a Texture Spray brush for the impasto look and feel.

In PhotoPaint I added a watercolor frame with Filter Forge's Freepack 3. I altered the color to a brown orange and narrowed the settings for a fuller image. I also added a black border in PhotoPaint and my signature file.

I really like his expression. He is a very expressive child and a joy to be around. He concentrates so closely when you are talking with him and makes many sounds, he is very vocal.

This same day I read a children's book to him and he watched me and listened through the whole book with out lapse of concentration. He is only nine months old. Amazing!

Listening to SoundCloud Acoustic Guitar Group

No comments:

Post a Comment