Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Music - American Indian and Spain Motif Collage


I was able to over-
come my slump with my music and was able to finish three new songs:
  1. Where the Wind Blows
  2. Switch Time
  3. Better Left Unsaid
I have placed them on my Acoustic Guitar Community Page [click here] and have asked for input as to which song is the most popular. Thus far "Better Left Unsaid," is the choice a few have made.

I believe that I over-mixed "Where the Wind Blows" as it has some distortion. Some of that comes from using a Progressive Rock vocal style on the song, which wavers in and out. I may rerecord this tune with a simpler mix, just vocals, guitar and a little reverb. "Switch Time," is one of the shortest songs I've written coming in at 2:41, I usually am in the 4 - 5 minutes region, longer I know.

Today's image is another Digital Collage made with Mayang's Texture background and Dover Publications clip art. I did add texture to the large American Indian design in Painter, but the majority of the piece was assembled in PhotoPaint. It also has some flavor of Spain in it with the man and his donkey on the right.

I used Filter Forge's Freepack 3 for a watercolor frame, which I altered to make it not as predominate and colored it an olive background. I added a ten pixel black border as well.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Better Left Unsaid
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment