Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Onions 89 Cents - Produce Shopping


A simple image post today. "Onions 89 Cents," is the title. As you can see the image is one of warm colors and depth. The original photograph was taken by my son Keir M. Gatzka in the Lansing, Michigan area, while produce shopping.

I used Paint.NET Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> on it after resizing it for the web. I upped the color all the way up. In PhotoPaint I used the Tone Curve to add depth to the piece. And using Filter Forge's Freepack 3 I added a warm colored watercolor frame. To that I added a 10 pixel black border and my signature in black as well.

In Painter 8 I applied Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminance> to the whole piece for a good texture. (see the larger version by clicking on the thumbnail.)

All in all a simple digital manipulation of a great photograph, keeping it warm and inviting.

----------------
Now playing: Blind Blake - West Coast Blues
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment