Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Toddler in Chalk and Digital Watercolor - Painter 8 - Baby Collage



We were comparing baby pictures of my Daughter and Son n law with pictures of their son, our Grandson. To our delight we found that we could see both of them in his features and expressions.

This image for today was one of the enlarged crops I made for a collage for them from scanned in photographs at 300dpi. It is my Daughter as a toddler. I used Painter 8 Chalk brushes for the piece, varying size and taper. I used a large Chalk brush for the background then applied a Digital Watercolor brush which darkened the background considerably.

I applied Alien Skins Exposure 3 trial Slide filters to add to the texture. Deciding that I wanted more texture I used the Apply Surface Texture> Paper with a woven cloth swatch.

In PhotoPaint I added a large border to allow me to use Filter Forge's Freepack 3 frame on the image without losing any of the crop.

I also am sharing the collage of the three of them showing the similarities from each parent. It is amazing that DNA carries this remarkable ability to form a human with part of both parents so well mixed. We got a big kick out of doing this collage. I used Picasa 3 for the collage and resized it in

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Use It Or Lose It 2
via FoxyTunes .

No comments:

Post a Comment