Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Daughter and her Doll" Grunge Digital Collage - Corel PhotoPaint Plus

Daughter and her Doll

This is from an actual 400 ASA Black and White film photograph taken years ago of my "Daughter and her Doll," sitting in a little rocking chair. I had scanned it in and saved it. Some time ago I used Corel's Painter to create a woodcut image of her. I've had it for a long time and decided to play with it a bit.

I located it in Picasa 3.9 in a People folder. I had recently downloaded two grunge backgrounds, this one of rusted materials. I opened with Corel PhotoPaint and fit to screen to see the entire texture. I copied and pasted the woodcut into it. I used the property Multiply on it and adjusted the Opacity to 78%, allowing some of the background to seep through.

Browsing in Picasa 3.9 again I went to my Dover Clip Art folder and selected some Victorian corner embellishments for the top right and left corners. I used the Tone Curve on them to increase there depth of black color. I also found an antique Grandfather clock and some floral designs and added those to the bottom, to the right and left of the woodcut. I again used the Tone Curve and the property Multiply. I slightly cropped the image for size.

I saved the large file, and reopened it in Corel PSP Pro X3. Here I increased the Vibrancy with the Hue and Saturation features. I added a gold mat and a simple black frame to complete the image. Saving that iteration, I resized for display here. Back in PhotoPaint I added my signature and saved both the large and medium sized duplicates.


No comments:

Post a Comment