Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Three Narrow Dress Ties" Photo-manipulation - Picasa 3.9 - Corel PSP X3

Narrow Ties 1

Narrow Ties 2

I wanted to play with photography today. I decided to take some photographs of some older narrow dress ties that I have in my closet. No, I can't remember the last time I wore these ties. The narrow tie is back in style, I think, so I thought I would work with them as subject matter.

I tied each one in a single Windsor knot style and hung them on a hanger using safety pins for the two on the outside, draping the center one from the hanger loop. I got my Canon Rebel XTi out, mounted the ties and hanger on the wall in my studio office and shot a few photographs with differing settings. I did use the flash, though the room is pretty bright.

After I took them I loaded them onto my computer and opened Picasa 3.9. I used that to browse the new folder of tie photographs.

The first photograph I selected is the one with the black signature. I opened it with Corel PhotoPaint and adjusted the saturation by 15 for more color punch. I used the Tone Curve just lightly for a bit of depth. I saved both the large file and a medium size file.

The second photograph I picked has the white signature. I used Picasa 3.9's Lomo on it and also saved the large file, resampling a medium file in PhotoPaint.

I brought the medium files into Corel PSP Pro X3 and added black borders of 25 pixels each. I played around with some of the Picture Frames but did not like the end result. I resized to 300 dpi and made to fit my blog.

Now I feel like wearing these narrow ties again. Go figure.

Listening to Acoustic Blues Guitar on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment