Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Peacock and Paisley" Digital Collage - Corel Painter 11 - Corel PSP Pro X3

Peacock and Paisley

I opened a Photograph of some bamboo papyrus and used Corel's Painter Photo Essentials 4 Gouache painting style on it, creating the background.

I saved that file and opened it with Corel's Painter 11 where I added guitar, florea, iron textures in chalk. I browsed in Picasa 3.9 and went to a recent sampler choice of a peacock poster. I had saved that iteration now opening with Corel PhotoPaint. I added the peacock erasing and pasting with the property Subtract.

I had also picked some paisley sampler from Dover Publications, like the peacock. I added it with copy and pasted after I had used Color Replace to change the black to a burgundy Pantone color. I resized the paisley to a size corresponding to the peacock. This balanced out the composition. It almost looks like a large 69, which is the year I graduated high school, 1969. I know I'm dating myself but age in art doesn't' really matter does it.

I saved the file yet again and opened with Corel's PSP Pro X3 added the ice blue mat, drawing on the blues of the image. Then finished it off with a golden frame and my signature. One thing I have to learn is how to resize the signature in PSP, any suggestions from our readers would be appreciated. I saved the large file, resized for display here.

Listening --- mylittlebrother --- Nosedive EP on Soundcloud

No comments:

Post a Comment