Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

"Oriental Grunge" Digital Collage - Corel PhotoPaint - Dover Clip Art

Oriental Grunge

Late in the day, I love this floral grunge piece I used for the background. I opened with Corel's PhotoPaint and built this "Oriental Grunge," Digital Collage. After selecting the background I browsed my Dover Publication's Sampler folder in Picasa 3.9. I found the pieces you see here.

I cut out the woman from an image and pasted her after using the Tone Curve and boosting the color saturation of her. I also found the large plant like piece which offsets the woman. I applied the property Subtract to that and placed it in the collage.

I found another oriental lady and placed it as a "picture on the wall." I then, still using Dover Clip Art placed the scrolling frame. I put a black border using Papersize, centering it around the image.

Oh, yes, I must mention I did my clean up of my Hard Drive, making certain I kept the image folders I wanted for such a work as today. Textures, Clip Art, and some other items for inspiration. I saved all the photographs and images on my external Hard Drive and still have them for use if so required, but I regained a good amount of storage back on my work PC's Drive.

My workflow will alter a little to accommodate this change. Now if I can figure a way to have Picasa browse my external Drive, hmmm.

Listening --- Freddy Jones Band --- Better Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment