Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"Cyanotype Seagull S12 Cedar Guitar" Corel - Plus

Cyanotype Seagull S12 Cedar Guitar


One of my favorite motifs a photograph of my Seagull S12 Cedar Guitar. I took a number of shots of the guitar, resting on the case, and I took this one without the flash as 400 ISO, with my Canon Rebel XTi. I opened it in Corel PSP Pro X3.

In PSP Pro X3 I applied the Digital Camera Noise Removal and the Smart Photo Fix tools. I created a duplicate layer and applied the Pencil tool for a lightly colored embossed layer. I used the property Soft Light for this layer and Merged both layers.

I then used the Time Machine settings for a Cyanotype photograph on it. Thus the blue end result.

I saved that file and then resized to display size. I opened in Corel PhotoPaint to add my signature in white. I used Papersize to add a 25 pixel blue border to finish it.

I have been playing the 12-String in DADGAD tuning for a while now and really have been having fun with it. I am about ready to tune it standard and try some new songwriting, but I'm still a bit hesitant. I have some new poems that I may be able to work into lyrics with the right chord progressions and melody.

I have room on SoundCloud to add at least one more song on the free version. It would be satisfying to do that with a new tune. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment