Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

"Vintage Gypsy Woman Muse" Corel Painter 11 - Plus

Vintage Gypsy Woman Muse



I picked an image from the Free Vintage Clip Art folks today. It is a "Gypsy Muse," vintage piece. I opened from my Picasa 3.9 folders with Corel PSP Pro X3 and used the Smart Photo Fix on it punching up the color and sharpening the image. I also used the Skin Softening on it for the skin tones.

I applied the Saturation Vibrancy on it and saved it as a display size image. I reopened in Corel Painter 11 and I painted it with differing clone brushes, Soft Clone and Thick Camel brushes. I used a Watercolor brush for the background surrounding the woman.

I used the Soft Cloner for the stringed instrument she is holding so the details would show clearly. I added some line in the background to halo the woman.

I saved that iteration and opened with Corel PhotoPaint. I used Filter Forge's Photo Effects Vibrance. Then I added a film frame with Filter Forge's Frames. I also placed my signature in black and saved that iteration.

Music wise I tuned my 12-String Seagull to standard tuning and have been practicing using some chord progressions I got online that I printed out.

A minor, G major, D minor, and A major chord progressions with differing structures. They were divided between VERSE and CHORUS lines of progression.

I did some recording of my practicing and listened back to them using Audacity and improvising leads. I used a Archtop Jazz Guitar for the rhythm and different leads for some flavor. I found that switching from minor chords to major chords posed some difficulty in my improvisations. All in all I am feeling good to be practicing again.




No comments:

Post a Comment