Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

"Grunge Great Horned Owls" Digital Collage - Corel PhotoPaint - Plus

Grunge Great Horned Owls


I was browsing in Picasa 3.9 again through different folders. I found this rust background in the Rust folder. I opened with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and applied the Oil Painting feature with the brush selection Acrylic. Then I auto painted the background.

I enlarged this canvas by using the Resize tool in Essentials and saved to a new folder. Through Picasa I went right to the background and opened with Corel PhotoPaint. I fit to the screen at 40%. I returned to Picasa and browsed to my Dover Clip Art folder.

Here I selected an image of two Great Horned Owls on a branch. I copied to the clipboard and reopened in PhotoPaint from there. I cut out only what I wanted of the owls and branch. This I copied and pasted onto the background. I resized them to fit and applied the property of Subtract for placing them with transparency.

Back in the Dover folder I chose a grouping of floral images and cut and copied and pasted them also onto the background now with the owls. I used the property Multiply and merged them with the rusty oil painted background.

I saved the Large file, and then I added my signature and resampled for display.

Listening --- Jethro Tull --- Thick as a Brick

No comments:

Post a Comment