Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

"Grunge Guild 12-String Guitar" Corel PhotoPaint - Plus

Guild 12-String Guitar

I began today's image with some browsing in Picasa 3.9 for an interesting background. I discovered this wrinkled painted paper with washes of brown and blues on it. I opened it with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and did an auto painted Oil Painting with rough paper, random small circle brushstrokes and a jagged out line with saturated color.

Saving that file I opened with Corel PSP Pro X3 and added some Vibrancy to the color with Hue and Saturation. Then I resized to a slightly larger canvas. I saved that iteration and closed PSP.

Back in Picasa I browsed for a 12-string guitar photograph and found this Guild 12-string Guitar. I opened it with Paint.NET and used the Ink Sketch tool with the color and ink turned up for the line art look and feel. I resized this image a bit as well.

I went back to my background and opened with Corel PhotoPaint and then in Picasa copied the 12-string onto the background. I used the tools to straighten the guitar to an upright position and using the property Multiply I pasted it and merged with the background.

I used Filter Forge's Frames to give it a film frame. Then in PhotoPaint I used the Tone Curve to lighten the colors a bit. I added my signature and saved the file.

Listening --- Blind Blake --- Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment