Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"Three Old Stamps" Digital Collage - Corel Painter 11 - Plus

Three Old Stamps


If you've been following gatzkART! you know that I recently came across a Cigar Box full of old Vintage postage stamps. Today I scanned in or cut out from previous scans "Three Old Stamps." I opened Corel Painter 11 and created paper textures of each stamp. I used the Chalk brushes to paint them on an 8"x10" image at 300 dpi.

I used saturated colors and differing sizes of the stamp textures, selecting many bright colors. I also pasted small scanned images of each stamp in the work. I saved the large file after my collaging was done. I opened with Corel PSP Pro X3.

There I added a touch of Vibrancy to the colors, in Hue and Saturation. Using the Image, Visible Watermark, I placed my signature. Then I added an off blue 25 pixel border.

Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka --- Norwegian Wood Cover (The Beatles)

No comments:

Post a Comment